Introducing the peaq app – the one-stop hub for all things $PEAQ. Accessible via this link, the app is currently integrated with peaq’s Agung testnet and will add support for peaq’s other networks as they launch, offering peaq token holders access to a variety of services.
With the first version, users can leverage the EVM-Substrate internal bridge to move their $AGUNG tokens between the two chains that make up the testnet. One of them is built on Substrate, Polkadot’s native framework, while the other is on the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), Ethereum’s runtime environment for smart contracts. With the internal EVM bridge, users will be able to allocate their tokens in a way that enables them to use both Substrate and EVM-based dApps and services running on peaq – enjoying full interoperability within the ecosystem.
Future versions will expand the app’s functionality to add the following services:
- Earn from the Economy of Things: $PEAQ token holders will be able to stake their tokens to earn a share in the network rewards and thereby financially participate in the Economy of Things running on peaq.
- Vote on dApps and machines: $PEAQ token holders will be able to vote on which dApps and machines they want to support and earn further rewards for voting.
- Govern the network: $PEAQ token holders will be able to take part in the overall peaq network governance.
- Bridge to and from other networks: $PEAQ token holders will be able to move their digital assets between different blockchain networks.
“The peaq app is a crucial component of the ecosystem, working as the ultimate hub for peaq token holders,” says Leonard Dorlöchter, co-founder of peaq. “It will work as the portal into the Economy of Things, enabling the community to take over the network’s governance while enjoying access to a variety of DeFi services and more. Its feature list will expand over time, granting the users more and more utility with every update.”
To make use of the app’s initial functionality, the user needs to sync it with their Ethereum and Polkadot wallets. Follow this link to learn how to create your Metamask wallet on peaq’s testnet and learn how to create your Polkadot.js wallet on Agung here. Join the official peaq Discord to make use of the $AGUNG token faucet channel and start building on Agung today.
Want to build the Economy of Things?
· We’re hiring across the board, from engineering to communications. Join us in building the Economy of Things.
· Want to stay in the loop? Visit our website and join the conversation on our channels.